5/3/11

b i g news

This is home. Our home. Yep, we are officially home owners. I know I've not mentioned yet, but now everything is official, signed, done and dusted. We will move in the end of the month. I am thrilled and happy as can be. After living in the basement for nearly four years, the idea of having a space to truly call our own is exhilarating, like taking a big breath coming out of the water.
And what a space it is! I knew the minute I walked in that it was right for us. I know the Lord's hand was in every step of this endeavor, and it has been a faith promoting experience for me. There have been only a handful of times in my entire life that I could say for absolute certain that I knew God's will. This was one of them.
I love the house. Built in the early 1900s, it has the charm and character that has always attracted me in a house. Built-in book shelves, woodwork, tall ceilings and short handrails. And - no kidding - it has a whopping half acre backyard. With a magical tree fort. No garage, but a carriage house. It used to have doors on both ends so a carriage could be pulled through and the horses released and lead to the barn. There used to be a barn on the property, but it did not weather time as well as the carriage house. The family we bought the house from were extremely creative and used the wood to make the tree fort. Its part of old Springville, and thus uses the city's irrigation system. Instead of sprinklers, we get water for two hours every ten days. The backyard will flood, and all I can think is "splash pad." It will be a magical place for our children to grow up.
A bonus for Trevor is an outdoor studio with its own root cellar. He has christened it his Man Hut and will put his Man Things in it. It will do wonders for him, he who has had to share his space with his inlaws for so long.
I'm so happy, it is even making the onerous task of packing worth it. This is a big step for us, and we are ready and excited to make it!

7 comments:

  1. You are so blessed!! Congratulations!! The house looks great! So happy for you and the family to have some elbow room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! It does sound like a really magical place. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you too! And it looks like maybe some boys of mine will have to come over to splash sometime.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY COW! This is crazy. Ryan and I are trying to buy a house in Springville next summer. BUT we were originally thinking this summer and we DEFINITELY went through this house. It is SO cute. Am I capitalizing words enough for you to understand how excited I am for you, and that I know all about your personal space:). Ryan especially just loved the house. And I was unbelievably in love with that backyard with the tree fort- it even has a slide! Congratulations! Ryan will be very sad to hear it went off the market, but I'm glad it was bought by a kindred spirit. We really should get together. Especially if we both end up in Springville. We could come up with a sweet babysitting swap for date nights or something. You're new babe is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! This place looks so charming. And that nice grass, wow the girls are going to LOVE it. I am really excited for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Shelley, I'm so happy for you! I love that little house, it's perfect. I've never seen the Man Hut from the inside, I'd like to. I love you Shelley, you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds amazing! Congratulations! Can't wait to see some pictures of the inside!

    ReplyDelete