11/27/12

so different

Thank you, dear cousins and friends, for your support. It means more to me than you know! We have chosen to go for a much simpler Christmas this year, both out of choice and necessity, and I am looking forward to a needed quiet holiday.

What I wanted to write about today is how much it surprises me that my three daughters, who have had all the same experiences, can be so totally different than each other. Hazel loves giant, super-soft, plushie bears. She has about four, and loves them all. I have a hard time knowing what to sew for her, because she likes over-sized things, and I love sewing teeny tiny things! Josephine inexplicably and obsessively loves monkeys. She tells me so everyday. I'll never know why. She's easy to make happy, but she does love the monkeys that cost more (the antique Steiff Coco monkey we found her on ebay has been a constant favorite - and what else could you expect from an Empress?!). Millie has two loves right now - her Snow White costume (STILL is wearing it everyday), and her Shadowfax toy, with Legolas on the back. She also collects ribbon, elastic, bits of rope, scraps of fabric. They serve as props for her elaborate escapades in deep, dark forests or castle dungeons.

They're such cool kids. And I marvel at their differences. But the two things they are equally passionate about are our pup Samwise the Brave, and candy.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about you and your girls, Shelley. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete