Mother's intuition, because it looks like our family will be made up of four little ladies. This fills me with joy. I could not be happier. I love everything girl, and I absolutely love having girls. I truly could not be happier.
But there is a down side. I adore my brothers. I'd rather spend time with them than just about anyone else in the world. I learned a lot from growing up with three boys, and many of the things I learned prepared me for living with a man full-time in marriage. Parts of my personality are definitely different because of them. Examples of wisdom that came from living with three boys:
- Nintendo IS a waste of time, but it is a relaxing recreational activity for boys. And never try to have any kind of conversation with them if they are playing.
- My sense of humor was informed by being with them - RiffTrax, SNL, boy jokes...
- Teenage boys do really dumb things for no reason at all.
- If a guy doesn't call you back, its not because he isn't interested. He either forgot, or it too lazy. Or he's not interested.
- If they look like they are distracted when they are talking to you, they are not listening.
- They are pretty simple creatures. They are not as complex as women. Period.
- Speaking of periods, they will gross out a boy no matter how mature they are. You should just avoid the words 'uterus' and 'fallopian tubes.' And asking him to buy tampons for you is not acceptable.
- They like going to dances, but not as much as you do. Try to make it fun and relaxed.
Okay. So as long as they get enough male exposure so when they start dating men aren't a complete mystery. On the upside, they'll also miss out on the taunting, the hanging-of-your-dolls-from-the-roof-of-your-dollhouse, and stepping on Legos part of having brothers :)....