9/8/13

It will make your children whole

I have not been able to teach my Gospel Doctrine class since July, but I've used the time to do a specific study of the talks and speeches given by Jeffrey R. Holland. I've been delving into BYU's devotional archives, and of course General Conference talks. Tonight I listened to this talk, "Because She is a Mother," given the April Conference of 2007. I think I'm going to listen to this one every night for a long time, because it addresses so many of my fears.
I'm afraid of the things that can go wrong with this next surgery for my sweet little Eloise. The surgeons are top notch, but things can go wrong. I am also afraid of the long term effects of living her first three or four months of life in a hospital environment. Which is why this passage was so pertinent for me:

"Like the woman who anonymously, meekly, perhaps even with hesitation and some embarrassment, fought her way through the crowd just to touch the hem of the Master’s garment, so Christ will say to the women who worry and wonder and sometimes weep over their responsibility as mothers, “Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.” 12 And it will make your children whole as well."

1 comment: