7/19/09

guess where we are...

Home. Yesterday at noon our little sweethearts were discharged from the hospital! Happiest day of our lives. Our primary nurse Lisa was able to discharge us and walk us out to the car. We are extremely glad to be home; it feels wonderful to sleep in our own bed and be in our own home. Josephine is still being difficult. She can't handle formula, and needs to eat every two hours. Amelia likes to eat every three. So you see the issue. Between feeding both chiclets and pumping, I have on average 45 minutes to an hour between feedings. Not that I'm suing for pity - it's just how life is right now. To keep Josephine happy and healthy she needs small feedings every two hours with "simply thick" in it to make it easier to swallow. Last night was a struggle. Most babies need to eat between 8 and 10 times a day - we're pushing 12 to 13. So we're tired. My goal is to have both babies breastfeeding at the same time before Trevor goes back to school!

We are happy. Happy and home. Hoorah!

4 comments:

  1. That's a nice succinct goal. I expect it's a lot more complicated than it sounds. Good luck and I wish you effective short naps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay the whole family is so happy for you guys!!! Things will continue to get better, we're still praying for you and your whole family. :)
    I'll bet your tired! Go get some sleep, don't worry about blogs and what not!
    Much love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your great news! That must be SOOO nice to have the girls at home with you. I can't imagine that feeding schedule. I send my love and strength your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! And I never thought I could survive on so little sleep. Our bodies are amazing at doing what they need to for these little babies! Not that I've had twins... but I realized last night that I haven't had more than 3 hours of sleep in a row in almost 11 months! It's a good thing these babies are extremely cute!

    ReplyDelete