10/7/09

changes

Jo & Millie had their four-month check-up yesterday. They're swell. Josephine is barely registering in the percentage charts in anywhere but height, where she made it to the 3%. She's tiny. Amelia was in the 25% for weight, but a 1/4" shorter than Jo, which is kind of funny. Jo is 10 lbs., 6 oz., Millie is 12 lbs. 6 oz.

They also received more vaccinations in the form of two shots in the leg...painful, sad babies.

Amelia has two little white tooth buds ready to erupt from their gummy confines! She's uber drooly, but not more irritable. The doc says I can start introducing solids next month. This will revolutionize our lives. I was thinking of getting a head start on making baby food (with my cool Beaba baby food maker my mom gave me at my baby shower), anybody have a good book or website with recipes?

I did the whole "go through your old clothes to see if anything fit" a few days ago. I needed some non-summer, NON-STINKING-MATERNITY, warm clothes, because dang, hasn't it been unseasonably chilly of late? Anyway. Maybe 1/4 of the total clothes fit me. These hips will likely never reform to their old size. I did carry around two babies in my womb for 8 months. So pants are out. My favorite or most unique shirts I'm keeping to try on after I stop nursing.
The whole process was actually kind of cathartic, like the official death of an old life and the beginning of a new for myself. I don't want non-dry-able, fancy-shmancy shirts that I don't want to get baby drool (or worse) on the sleeve. I don't was fussy clothes that get in the way. And it was pretty cool to see my sister going through the discard pile and looking awesome in my clothes. Way better than I ever did. Lucky lass is so lovely. The whole process didn't do a number on my self esteem like I was afraid it would. And what a good excuse to go shopping :).

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have all these new posts! Apparently they don't show up in my Google Reader since you're private.

    Anyway, I can't believe Amelia is already getting teeth and solids are on the way! It's crazy how fast babies go from newborns to...babies. If you know what I mean.

    And YES, it has been unseasonably chilly lately. I want more fall, less winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelley
    Cute pics on the first blog! Also check out the book "super baby food" it has all sorts of homemade recipies and great info. Also a friend used to freeze her surplus baby food in ice trays, then pop them out and put them in baggies! I have never been on the ball enough to make my own food but I liked the book, and she LOVED it

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEah - from here on out you pretty much need a spectrum of clothing to get you up to full-term pregnancy and back again... and through nursing.

    It's a sartorial nightmare, really.

    But I'm glad it hasn't got you down, hope you find some new, lovely, easy-wash things!

    ReplyDelete