11/6/09

brainy vs. earthy

I've said before that becoming a mother came at the perfect moment in my life, although I didn't know it at the time. Changing diapers, feeding babies, all those very tactile things, feel so good after two years of being buried in the library piecing together a thesis. So worthwhile because I'm performing a real service for someone else, and those someones are the dearest beings in my life. I will always love academia, and hope to keep a foot in the door, but being a mother is fulfilling for me in a way nothing else has been. Art history theory and methodology are interesting, but purely intellectual pursuits that I do enjoy, but I revel in the importance and the earthy-ness of babies. And being mama to two little girls is full of, um, earthy-ness. But who couldn't love these darling
beauties?


Okay, I LOVE this picture. Josephine looks just overjoyed, and Millie, not so much. Millie looks outright curmudgeonly.



Sleeping sweetness!




No comments:

Post a Comment