11/13/09

just some ways in which my twins are opposite

  • Josephine loves the morning. She does leg lifts, wiggle wiggle wiggle, and chats it up. Amelia is often awoken by her sister before she wakes up herself. She sits and blinks and blinks, trying to get a focus on her world. She's lethargic for half an hour, but is then awake for the majority of the day. Its like the tortoise and the hare because Josephine wakes up suddenly, spends all her energy, and has twice as many naps during the day.
  • I swear Millie picks up on my moods. If I say something to her with irritation or frustration, she gets this pouty lower lip and starts crying. I have to be so careful! Jo doesn't seem to care so long as her needs are met.
  • Amelia thinks nursing is the bomb, Josephine has so far gobbled up her solids like she may never get any more.
  • Both enjoy being held, but one likes facing out, one in.
It's fun having twins. These twins aren't going to be the type that seem to be two parts of one soul; they are more two siblings born at the same time. They are pretty independent of each other.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates on the little things. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be interesting to see how their relationship evolves. I'm so glad they are doing so well, it sounds like you're getting pretty comfortable with this mom gig.

    ReplyDelete