12/11/09

fifi is an unfortunate nickname.

We have been having a lot of fun with our twins. I think babies are a whole lot more fun after about four months old. They're grabbing things, eating less often, sleeping better through the night. I have hardly had time for anything though! Holy smokes. Especially on days when they nap at different times, one wake up and the other will go down.
Josephine has been roaring and growling. It is hilarious! If she's really pleased with something (say, the shiny lights on our Christmas tree) she will roar an approval like a dinosaur. It makes me laugh every single time. I found out a while ago that Fifi is actually a French nickname for Josephine, and unfortunately, it has stuck. More than 'Jo'. I know Fifi brings to mind an ugly pampered poodle, but somehow it just fits our Josephine. We also call her Josette.
Amelia is possibly the sweetest baby ever born. She rarely cries, except when her coming two teeth are hurting her, which is a lot these days. I'm so grateful for her patience. With twins it feels like someone is always having to wait. She's very VERY attached to me. More so than Josephine will probably ever be. To get Millie to fall asleep, I have to lay down with her on my side of the bed and hold her hand till she's asleep enough to slip away. It does take about an hour out of my day, but it is such a precious time for me, I will miss it when she doesn't need it anymore.
Josephine is awake in the crib, I can hear her cooing and doing leg lifts. I tell you, when that girl starts walking, she will RUN. EVERYWHERE. I'm going to have to be on my toes! (Like I'm not now, ha ha). Anyway, better pick her up before she wakes up Amelia, currently napping on my quilt.

Oh, and Christmas time is a magical time to have babies. Mmmm I love it.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me so happy that you are having so much fun with their first Christmas!

    ReplyDelete