12/2/09

brrrr....

I am pretty sure I have SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and I'm not trying to be dramatic. I hate winter - I don't like the cold, the dark, the snow. I have to gear up for it every year with things to look forward to, things to distract me with, or projects. This year I have Netflix, so I can watch whatever odd European or quirky old movie whenever I want. I also have about seven sewing projects I have mentally begun in my head. Podcasts are excellent diversions since they only require my ears.
I'm particularly worried about this winter because I will be indoors an awful lot already with twins. Its starting to get to me. It will be dark outside and I'll think, "Great - time for baby bath time and nighty-night! Oh, wait, its only six o'clock. I have about five more hours before they will fall asleep...dah!!!"
How do you survive winter?

3 comments:

  1. Winter is so long and dreary. I like the first bit, until after New Years, because snow is nice during the holidays. But by mid-January I survive by telling myself it's almost January. This year I am going to try something different and just try to ENJOY winter since it only ever lasts for so long and there are some good things--sweaters, boots, hot chocolate and such. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a lot
    and plan birthday parties
    and get severely depressed

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have this in common, Shelley.

    In the winter I grow paperwhites. I take long walks. I use a SADS lamp. I read mysteries. I watch a fair amount of TV. I kinda follow the Jazz. I don't expect too much from myself. I allow myself to not socialize much. I look forward to March 15th, which is the date I emerge from hibernation. And the funny thing is that for about two weeks in March, I do miss my hibernation.

    ReplyDelete