2/28/10

thoughts on a Sunday afternoon

I've been feeling isolated lately. We don't go many places with the babies because of this year having record numbers of RSV cases. Premature babies are often hospitalized from catching RSV, and I opted not to give them the $1,200 series of immunizations for RSV and instead to play it safe and stay home. Which makes me a little cagey. But I've been sewing like crazy, making all sorts of things, like two quilts, three baby dresses, a tablecloth, and three skirts. My sister-in-law gave me a JoAnn's gift card at Christmas along with Weekend Sewing, and that has kept me very happy!
Amy moved to Arizona, and taking a walk to her house or calling her on the phone was a frequent escape for me, and I am missing her. I am so blessed to have my mom and my sister for company. I love them so and I'm so glad I can be here for my sister's high school experience!

Motherhood is so completely different than any other venture I've ever taken on before. Joy is coupled with exhaustion, frustration with humor, a quiet in my soul with the chaos of twins. I've been happier than I've ever been, but also lonely, sometimes bored, and often cranky. Sometimes I question myself if I'm doing a good job, but so often I just have to dive in and do it.

Doesn't help that we're all sick today. And Trevor got called to Cub Master. The man's gone from 7 AM to 7 PM and does homework till 2 in the morning. I never see him as it is! This has certainly been a trial for our marriage. I like to think we're succeeding, but I worry for his health he's working so hard. We're getting very close to the end though, very very close. December and Trevor will be graduated.

A miracle - the babies are both sleeping, which means I should be too. Ta ta.

2 comments:

  1. Sad times! I can only imagine the kind of cabin fever you have right now, but at least spring is on the way and you'll be able to get outside more often. And seriously, we need to get together sometime because this hiatus is just kind of ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel regarding isolation and frustration. It's hard to get out of the house with a little baby, and I'm sure it's twice as hard with TWO babies. I didn't really feel like going out a lot until Sam was about one. Things have gotten a lot easier as Sam has gotten older, and I'm sure the same will happen for you.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete