4/19/11

twin worlds

Pretty sure twins require a different way of parenting than singletons. Increasingly they are more involved with each other. They enter into this Millie & Jo world where I'm not totally invited. I'm kind of the overseer to keep peace, but I'm not a citizen. It makes it hard to discipline because sometimes they're so immersed I can't break in! They talk to each other, and always do the same thing at the same time (makes 'sharing' a difficult concept....). Its interesting, frustrating at times, and sometimes hard for outsiders to recognize it.

1 comment:

  1. When I was little I wanted to be a twin SO BADLY for this very reason. I used to pretend I had a twin but that my parents gave her up for adoption because you know how my parents were. Giving up kids for adoption all the time.

    ReplyDelete