4/2/12

twin language

That fateful day when I discovered we were having twins, one of the things I was looking forward to the most was to see if they'd create their own twin language. Now that they're little chatterboxes, I can say that they do not have their own language. But they do have their own phrases and songs. They do this funny thing when they are both sitting at the table, anticipating some good food. They look at each other and say: "Nee-Nee-Num. Nee-Nee-Num" about a dozen times and they crack each other up. Twice or thrice I've seen them make up a song together, and sing it just to each other. They do puppy howls spontaneously at the same time. My favorite thing is when they are playing with toys together, and the kind of situations they create. And then they start fighting...

No comments:

Post a Comment