3/21/14

Frozen



If you grew up a Priest, your favorite Disney movie was one of your defining personal attributes. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves has always been my favorite, and it would take a lot to topple it to second place. But I will always have a special place in my heart for Frozen. Its release to DVD and Eloise's discharge from the hospital were nearly simultaneous, and watching it with all the girls together has been a memorable, sweet experience. Watching a movie about sisterly love while my girls embrace their new sister - lines, leads and all - has been moving. Josephine is especially tender with Eloise. She is always calling her 'sweetie' and 'honey baby,' holding her hand, stroking her skin, singing songs to her of her own creation. Hazel is delighted with her, giggling at everything she does. Amelia can hardly hold still long enough to catch Eloise's attention, but she loves her in her own way.
Frozen will always be attached in my mind to this precious time with my girls. And I can't tell you how helpful it has been when I have to make dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment