6/15/14

status post

I deleted my Facebook account, what, two months ago now? I have to admit I do not miss it. I am much happier with the human race as a whole. But I have had a few funny thoughts that aren't long enough to constitute a blog post, but would be appropriate status updates. So I will compile them in 'status posts'!

  • Arithmetic and I have never been good friends. I was in advanced placement all through school and got straight A's, but mostly because I wanted to live in Europe and thought a scholarship abroad would get me there. I would ask my teachers, parents, anyone who would listen, "If I KNOW I am going into the arts, why do I need to know calculus?! I will never use this stuff."       And now that I have a little electronic assistant in my smart phone, I have no idea how to answer that question if my girls ask me. 
  • "A good book can be as luxurious as silk pajamas on a Sunday morning!" - Rarity, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Episode 'Read it and Weep.' This might be my favorite quote about books ever. 
  • For Christmas, my husband gave me the DVDs of Michael Wood's 'The Story of England.' I have not had any time to sit and watch them, until this recent surgery. I cannot recommend it enough, extremely fascinating!

1 comment:

  1. I just have to chime in and say that even if you never *use* calculus, everybody should at least understand its basics. It is a triumph of human achievement on par with any wonder of the ancient world.

    And, as a fellow anglophile, it figures quite a bit into British history, so there's that. Have you been watching Cosmos?

    ReplyDelete