7/6/16

My goodness....

.....I haven't written in a long time. Since this is the only place I write about what goes on with my kids, it's such a shame. But the reason could not make me happier - there is a good chance I'll get to teach Art History at BYU! Just one class - I couldn't keep this household running and everyone healthy and do more. But I will oh-so gladly take teaching one class. In every single spare minute of my day, I've been reading and writing Art History. It feels amazing. I'm gratefully surprised I haven't lost more information in my brain in the last 7 years. Sometimes I was afraid I've had to learn and store so much medical information about Eloise it would crowd out the art.
Speaking of Eloise, that little lady turns 3 in a month. People act so surprised, because I think in their mind she's this tiny sick NICU baby forever. But I have so lived and felt every single day of those three years. There are many mornings I wake up and am glad we are all alive!
I also have another European adventure on the horizon, with my fabulous dad. Its too far out to start counting down the days, but I am so thrilled.
Hazel starts kindergarten in August, and the twins start their French program (!). All good things. We are enjoying the summer in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. Shelley, what fantastic news! I'm thrilled that it looks like you will be getting back into the classroom. Your future students will be lucky beneficiaries of your enthusiasm, knowledge, and wit!

    ReplyDelete