8/25/09

my babies

My babies during evening lullabies. They both just love to be sung to. Someday they'll recognize the flaws in their mother's voice, but right now, to them it's the best sound in the world. And that makes me feel great.

Millie giving her sweet auntie a loving look. It's Amelia's new favorite thing to do if you're holding her in front of you - tip her head as far back as it will go to see your face. I tell you, there's never been a cuter baby. Or an easier one. She does everything with gusto - eating, sleeping, playing, loving.

Tomorrow Trev heads back to school...the day I've been dreading for seven weeks. I'll be completely alone tomorrow for the first time ever with the babies...all day. They both wake up at the same time to eat, which is great when there's someone to help me feed them, but when I'm alone I'm not sure how I'll be able to leave one baby crying in the crib and feed the other. Hum. We'll just take it one feeding at a time.

And can I just add I'm exhausted? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do this with such little sleep...however, we recently got our own Netflix subscription, which gives me things to watch while I am ever a-feeding a babe. I've filled the queue with documentaries, silent films I've been dying to see, PBS specials, Bollywood and some British shows. So excited for them to come! It adds some interest to my exhaustion. Wish me luck tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Make sure you become my netflix friend. I've got the longest queue of all time! (I've maxed it out many a time... they only let you have 580 movies or so and then you can't add any more)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that picture of the girls! I am sending my extra strength and good vibes your way. I can't imagine what you are going through with two and I am still waiting for my first baby but I have complete confidence that you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Netflix is great. :) And you'll be fine, just stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might resent these babies forever for keeping you from my reception. Totally kidding, of course, they look adorable! It looks like they're growing fast.

    If you're looking for more things to add to your queue, might I recommend Regency House Party? It was on PBS and it's like Frontier House and 1900 House and all those except Regency. It's quite deliciously entertaining.

    ReplyDelete