- Motherhood strips your vanity. My mom was great and we went out together today, and as I stepped out the door I thought, "Wait - am I dressed?" and grabbed at my clothes. In that split second I thought maybe I still was in my pajamas. Before babies, I wondered if everything was perfect - hair, teeth, shoes, pants, etc.
- Josephine is such a Josephine, not a Jo. Not a Josie either. She is a full on Empress Josephine. Whereas Amelia is much more Millie than Amelia.
- In the past 13 months, Trev and I have left Utah County a total of four times. Two of those were related to brothers' weddings. The other two were to Salt Lake. I did get to spend a day and a half in Arizona in March. Umm..yikes! Time for a trip, please! Oh wait, I have three month old twins.
- I haven't bought new shoes since graduate school began two years ago. If I could have any shoes in the world, they would be these. Actually, I could never spend that kind of money on shoes, even if I had it to spend. Not unless I was going to wear them every day for the rest of my life.
- I love hot air balloons, not that I've ever flown in one.
- I tried to watch an episode of the British "The Office," but couldn't understand the majority of what was being said.
- Two conversations revolving around marshmallows and me:
ME: "Umm...I took them downstairs. They were left unattended! No note or anything! They were lonely marshmallows."
MOM: "Can I get them back?"
ME: "Well, I already emptied the bag into my marshmallow bin."
MOM: "Are there any left?"
After Lake Powell.
MOM: "Shelley - you didn't finish off those rice krispie treats I left you!"
ME: "They were chocolate rice krispie treats. Not enough of the marshmallow flavor."
ANDY: "Why don't you just eat marshmallows straight up then?"
ME: "I do."