4/5/10

home

The twins are nearly 10 months old. Is that crazy or what? We have a lot of fun together. Josephine is perfecting this new goofy face, where she scrunches her nose and breaths heavily through it, and it cracks me up. Amelia has realized I can't make her eat if she doesn't want to, and nothing makes me madder (and I mean NOTHING) than her spitting her food at me. Oh boy. I don't think I'm going to be a mom who is afraid of disciplining my children. The spitting lasted about two weeks until I won out.
The house is a mess. Josephine cries whenever I turn on the vacuum, and then when she's sleeping I don't want to wake her up. I know, lame excuse. But my dishes are done! Laundry too!
Trev's crazy semester is coming to the last stretch. Then its only one class during the summer and three next fall -- and HE'S GRADUATING. HIP HIP HOORAY. Which means he'll be looking for a job, and hopefully one that fulfills his expectations, and we'll be moving. Moving out of the basement we've been grateful to live in for three years. I'm going to miss my mom and my sister terribly, but I am excited to have my own true space again.
Jo is trying to help me type this, and its not exactly working, so I'll finish this later!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for an update! I go through long non-vacuuming stages too, until it gets embarassingly bad. All in the name of peace and sleep.
    And welcome to the disciplining side of parenthood. Never assume a battle is over. It's not fun. At all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you going to look for a job in AZ! J/k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to send me an announcement for Trev's graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for upcoming graduation! I'm sure it will be so nice to move into your own place. I'm excited to hear where you guys end up.

    P.S. Sam's still terrified of the vacuum, too. I by can only use it when he's distracted by Jeremy in another corner of the house.

    ReplyDelete