8/26/10

bucket list

I read Ann's post about her bucket list, and it made me think about the things I want to do before I die. Things I really want to do, verging on things I need to do before I leave Earth. This is a self-indulgent post, but since Trevor was kind enough to take the two terrors twins* on a walk, I'm feeling self-indulgent. So here it is:

  • Spend some real time in Wales and Ireland
  • Visit the Al Hambra in Spain
  • Take a road trip with Trevor (just Trevor, no kids) along Route 66 and stop at all the peculiar destinations, like stopping to see the World's Largest Ball of Twine, or eating whatever it is a tiny town is claiming to be famous for. For example I once saw a burger dive while driving through Idaho once called the UFO Diner, famous for its "Out of This World" burger. What made it so out of this world? I will never know unless we stop!
  • I want a house to make beautiful, and learn to garden
  • Gotta do a New York Museum trip. If I don't visit The Cloisters before I die, I will feel incomplete.
  • To feel like a true art historian, I must see the Sistine Ceiling
  • Go with Sarah to Disneyland when we are old

I think that's about it. I was kind of surprised that writing a dissertation didn't show up. But no, I don't need that to feel like my life was complete.


*Note: the twins WERE terrors today. Holy smokes. Most days we all get along famously, but today was nutso-butso!

2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty thought provoking.... I'm well on my way to thinking about my own now, and really it's pretty uncomfortable to think about just now.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so special that I made the bucket list!!!!!

    ReplyDelete