6/1/11

because I know you want to know.....

.....what it looks like to rip up 40+ year old carpet.

It looks like this:


This was what was left of the 'padding' underneath the carpet.


Felix scraped it off for almost three hours today.

This is what was underneath the gross carpet. I know, I know! Beautiful, they-don't-make-it-like-that-anymore hardwood floor. Gorgeous. But I just don't have the budget to restore it. Its beauty will shine another day.



So for now, and the foreseeable future, our house will be carpeted. I can't tell you what a difference it has already made. Definitely smells better. I also can't tell you how very....*yawn*.....tired I am. Going to bed.

4 comments:

  1. That wood is so beautiful! We love your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it! (We are coming down Saturday, email me if you get a moment). And my brother does wood floors. When your someday arrives, I'll have to see if I can get you a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely beautiful find! I hope you do get to restore it some day. That's a fun thing to be able to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete