2/6/12

a new day

I think we've reached a landmark. That magical moment when toddlers play together, rather than parallel play. Its been processing for more than a week, but suddenly today Jo and Millie were behind the couch with their She-Ra action figures (who were presumably on the edges of dangerous precipices) playing together for half an hour. I stood there, watching them, expecting any minute for them to quit, to ask me for something, for a fight to break out over sharing. Nada.

Then a euphoric feeling overcame my person. A feeling that perhaps what all those experienced twin moms keep telling me: "Its hard now - but wait till they're old enough to play together. Then its worth it" might be true.

They played well all morning. I got things done. I actually sewed. Between that and the almost balmy weather outside, I'm going to ride this euphoric wave as far as it will take me! I'm feeling positively invincible.

2 comments:

  1. and THAT is where I start to envy mothers of twins. Having 3 kids home all day who are all on different levels of "play" means that I am less likely to get anything done as they get older, rather than more.

    ReplyDelete