3/5/13

In the past 2 weeks, we have had:

  • 2 trips to the ER
  • 2 weeks of proclaimed 'bedrest' by my doctor
  • 1 flat tire on the van
  • 3 sick kids with 2 different viruses
  • 7 throw-ups
  • 1 time I have left the house to do something fun
  • 3 days since we last vacuumed
  • 8 days since the bathroom was clean
  • 2 days of glorious sunshine, whose warm promise of adventure created Millie's incessant mantra: "Go outside, mom? Please? I want to go outside? Now?!"
  • 0 re-watchings of Season 3 of Downton. The finale was THAT disappointing.
  • 10 meals Hazel would only eat Greek yogurt instead of what we provided.
  • 8 nights I went to bed same time as the kids, therefore did not work on my calling or sew.
  • 2 times I have put a needle to thread. This is bad.
  • 4 times I've had to change my shirt because one of the kids did something gross to what I was wearing.
  • 1st (and hopefully last) time we watched the Oscars from a hospital TV (if we ever watch them again - what a waste 'o time)
  • 4 evenings it took for us to watch the whole of 'Skyfall' (which, to everyone's surprise, I really enjoyed)
Um, yeah, that sums up the past two weeks. The next two can't be as eventful, right?!

3 comments:

  1. Um, bedrest? Pourquoi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks! I'm so sorry! Hope all is on the mend. I have been sewing lately. So relaxing! Miss you and the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have been through a lot! I hope that the weeks to come are much easier for you. I love reading your posts, Shelley, even though I don't always have the time to comment.

    -Monica

    ReplyDelete