7/30/14

go natural

For years I have been encouraging my mom to stop dying her hair. "You are beautiful as you are, you don't need to change anything! Go natural!" So when I started dying my own hair eight months ago, I definitely felt like a hypocrite. Eloise's pregnancy, birth and first year kicked the stuffing out of me, and also apparently the color in my hair. After she was born my hair turned from a deep, rich brown, to a grey-ish dishwater dust color. I'm not even quite 30 yet, peeps.
Up until this point in my life, some part of me believed if I wished hard enough, took vitamins, and left offerings at the Hair Goddess altar, someday I would have Arwen's hair. Now that my hair has, I don't know, decided color wasn't cool anymore, I've been liberated from this fantasy. Its been very freeing to imagine all the new hair possibilities, and what's more, I get to spend time with the fabulous Susie. She picks out all the best Kate mags and I get to do nothing for 2 hours, which is heavenly when you consider "Grown-ups need time alone honey, I can't be with you every minute of the day" came out of my mouth an hour ago.

And you know what? It all feels pretty natural to me.

1 comment:

  1. My hair turned to something dusty mouse-like in color too - so I dyed it for years. You are too young not to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete