7/26/14

Singleness of mind

Tonight I learned how to drive a diesel truck the size of a semi. Besides spending time with my dad, my favorite part was being able to focus on just one thing. Keep the trailer inside the lanes. Aim for the yellow lines in the parking lot. Feel the brakes. Don't cut the curbs. It was so relieving and fun. A mother of young children is so fractured - I'm making lunch while holding Eloise while listening to Hazel tell me a story while the twins are asking me for a drink of water. Learning to drive a vehicle with several tons behind it felt like a mental vacation. The driver can't lose focus! 
So I may have only been successful backing up into a parking slot straight once out of five hearty tries, but I enjoyed the singleness of mind and purpose. Maybe I should pick up driving trailers around as a hobby :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment