7/24/14

My take on current events, both in Utah, and abroad

It is not fair to impart leadership and priesthood powers to just men in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Men make all the decisions. Men decide how money is spent, who gets callings, who speaks in church, when things happen, they decide everything. There aren't any justified arguments against it. I believe there needs to be an institutional reform, but I don't think that will happen with the current leadership. That being said, I still believe the Church does more good than harm, and it gives me chances to do good in the world, and I will always believe in that. 

If Vladimir Putin is as uber-macho-manly as he portrays, he should 'man up' over the downed airliner. Take some responsibility, dude!

The LGBT community should be allowed to legally marry. I do not understand any of the arguments about how it threatens "traditional marriage." It would do absolutely nada to my marriage, or anyone I know, but it could do a lot of good for homosexual people.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about it and I really think the Israeli – Palestinian conflict has no easy resolution, if there is a hypothetical resolution at all. Maybe if we could somehow carve out Jerusalem and transport it to a remote island. 

I am not a huge fan of the Common Core in education. But I don't think it is a reason to condemn all public schools. Also, I think parents who do not immunize their children are brainless. 

Also, people who think global warming is a matter of belief are brainless.

I heard on NPR this morning that the mortality rate of the Mormon pioneers crossing the plains was 3.5%, and the national average at that time was 2.9%. I was extremely gratified to hear that. And BYU did the study!

We'll, there are some strong statements for your Thursday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment